This Article is the second of a series of pieces on Brexit Central from European Scrutiny Committee Chair Sir Bill Cash analysing amendments to the EU Withdrawal Bill as Brexit enters this crunch stage. It discusses Lord Pannick’s Amendment on seeking to include the European Charter of Fundamental Rights as part of retained EU law (with the exception of the preamble, which contains no substantive provisions, and Chapter V which converts the right to vote and stand in elections in the European Parliament). Please read the article here.
About The Author
May 14, 2010
The House of Lords undermines the Withdrawal Bill – Bill Cash Articles on Brexit Central: the country could be heading for a constitutional crisis
May 14, 2018
February 11, 2010
January 17, 2011
- Sir William Cash: the withdrawal agreement will be consigned to the grave of history
- Sir William Cash: The Prime Minister must not extend the date of our leaving beyond 29 March this year
- Sir William Cash: What ‘Brexit: The Uncivil War’ got wrong
- Professor Stephen Bush: TWO AND A HALF ROUTES TO BREXIT INDEPENDENCE
- Sir William Cash: So many aspects of the withdrawal agreement are matters that go way beyond mere reassurances. Reassurances will get nowhere.
Article 122 Article 136 AV bailout bail outs Bill Cash City of London Clause 18 Climate Change Common Consolidated Corporate Tax Base Common Corporate Tax Proposals data protection directive democracy digital data ECJ EFSM Egypt Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Directive ESAs ESM EU EU accounts EU Bill EU budget EU funds EU regulations European Arrest Warrant European Court of Auditors European Parliament European Summit Eurozone eurozone crisis Galileo Jim McConalogue MEPs national debt PNR Portugese bailout referendum lock Sajid Javid Schengen system Serbia Sovereignty Bill the Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC) Directive Treaty amendment