It has already been reported that David Cameron and other EU leaders’ call for the EU 2012 budget to be cut or at least to be frozen fell on deaf ears. The calls in the letter to the President of the European Commission, for...Read More
Tag: EU budget
David Cameron has been calling for the EU budget to be cut or, at least, to be frozen. Last December, David Cameron, AngelaMerkel, Nicolas Sarkozy,Mari Kiviniemi and Mark Rutte wrote a letter to the President of the European...Read More
The European Parliament is the discharge authority. Each year it must close the financial year on the basis of the recommendation of the Council and the Statement of Assurance (DAS) provided by the Court of Auditors. By granting...Read More
The European Commission will present the 2012 EU’s Draft Budget in April. The Commission is expected to reflect in the budget the Member States economic and budgetary restraints. In the meantime, Janusz Lewandowski, Commissioner...Read More
Bill Cash: Within that framework, our taxpayers’ money is being absorbed into the bloodstream of the European Union, and the monitoring and accounting is inadequate, which is what this European Court of Auditors report is all about.
It is well known that the European Court of Auditors for the 16th year in a row has not signed the EU accounts. Yesterday, the House of Commons debated the implementation of the 2009 EU budget. During the debate Bill Cash made...Read More
The 2011 budget is the first budget to be adopted under the Lisbon Treaty, which has conferred further powers on the European Parliament. The Conciliation Committee has not reached an agreement on these issues before the...Read More
- Sir William Cash: The ECJ will determine not only the interpretation but also the outcome of any disputes
- Bill Cash: Brexit is ultimately about our democracy, our sovereignty and our self-government. All the other issues, including our right to free trade with the rest of the world, are subsidiary to the questions of sovereignty, self-government and democracy because they flow from them
- Sir William Cash: How does the Prime Minister reconcile the Chequers statement with the recent repeal of the European Communities Act 1972?
- Sir Bill Cash: I think people have every reason to be concerned
- Sir William Cash: no freedom of movement, no customs union, no single market and no European Court of Justice