It has already been reported that David Cameron and other EU leaders’ call for the EU 2012 budget to be cut or at least to be frozen fell on deaf ears. The calls in the letter to the President of the European Commission, for...Read More
Tag: EU budget
David Cameron has been calling for the EU budget to be cut or, at least, to be frozen. Last December, David Cameron, AngelaMerkel, Nicolas Sarkozy,Mari Kiviniemi and Mark Rutte wrote a letter to the President of the European...Read More
The European Parliament is the discharge authority. Each year it must close the financial year on the basis of the recommendation of the Council and the Statement of Assurance (DAS) provided by the Court of Auditors. By granting...Read More
The European Commission will present the 2012 EU’s Draft Budget in April. The Commission is expected to reflect in the budget the Member States economic and budgetary restraints. In the meantime, Janusz Lewandowski, Commissioner...Read More
Bill Cash: Within that framework, our taxpayers’ money is being absorbed into the bloodstream of the European Union, and the monitoring and accounting is inadequate, which is what this European Court of Auditors report is all about.
It is well known that the European Court of Auditors for the 16th year in a row has not signed the EU accounts. Yesterday, the House of Commons debated the implementation of the 2009 EU budget. During the debate Bill Cash made...Read More
The 2011 budget is the first budget to be adopted under the Lisbon Treaty, which has conferred further powers on the European Parliament. The Conciliation Committee has not reached an agreement on these issues before the...Read More
- Sir William Cash: The withdrawal agreement and the political declaration both cover many legal issues beyond the backstop, important and vital though that is
- Sir William Cash: The motion passed yesterday required AG’s advice on Withdrawal Agreement but the gov has only released advice on Northern Ireland. Given that Law Officers ought to have been consulted regarding the whole Withdrawal Agreement, (Ministerial code) where is the rest of the advice?
- Sir William Cash:If we do not have the full disclosure of the Attorney General’s opinion, that is relevant to the question of whether the actual withdrawal agreement itself is invalid under the Vienna convention, because a fundamental failure to comply with internal domestic constitutional law amounts to grounds for the invalidity of such a withdrawal agreement
- Sir William Cash: There are five precedents over the past 40 years of full disclosure being made of an Attorney General’s advice for compelling and exceptional reasons in the public interest
- Sir William Cash tells Theresa May: “I’m getting no answers”