As the withdrawal negotiations with the EU draw to a conclusion, much of the debate has turned to the issue of remaining in the Customs Union and retaining access to the Single Market which, we are told, is of huge benefit to the UK economy. This contention is not supported by the economic record during the last 17 years of the UK’s membership of the EU. Please continue to read the Economic Impact of UK Trade with the EU and Non EU between 2000 – 2017 here.
About The Author
Bill Cash: attention must be given to the perpetual, ever-escalating, undemocratic centralisation of the EU itself
December 19, 2017
October 27, 2010
December 1, 2008
January 22, 2016
- Sir William Cash: The withdrawal agreement and the political declaration both cover many legal issues beyond the backstop, important and vital though that is
- Sir William Cash: The motion passed yesterday required AG’s advice on Withdrawal Agreement but the gov has only released advice on Northern Ireland. Given that Law Officers ought to have been consulted regarding the whole Withdrawal Agreement, (Ministerial code) where is the rest of the advice?
- Sir William Cash:If we do not have the full disclosure of the Attorney General’s opinion, that is relevant to the question of whether the actual withdrawal agreement itself is invalid under the Vienna convention, because a fundamental failure to comply with internal domestic constitutional law amounts to grounds for the invalidity of such a withdrawal agreement
- Sir William Cash: There are five precedents over the past 40 years of full disclosure being made of an Attorney General’s advice for compelling and exceptional reasons in the public interest
- Sir William Cash tells Theresa May: “I’m getting no answers”
Article 122 Article 136 AV bailout bail outs Bill Cash City of London Clause 18 Climate Change Common Consolidated Corporate Tax Base Common Corporate Tax Proposals data protection directive democracy digital data ECJ EFSM Egypt Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Directive ESAs ESM EU EU accounts EU Bill EU budget EU funds EU regulations European Arrest Warrant European Court of Auditors European Parliament European Summit Eurozone eurozone crisis Galileo Jim McConalogue MEPs national debt PNR Portugese bailout referendum lock Sajid Javid Schengen system Serbia Sovereignty Bill the Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC) Directive Treaty amendment