Geoffrey Van Orden MEP and Derk-Jan Eppink MEP published today a report proposing cuts “that would reduce the EP budget by some € 400 million per annum, or approximately 24%.” Moreover, they stressed “Funds saved should be returned to the exchequers of EU net contributor states, where governments are accountable to taxpayers, and not merely recycled into the Parliament’s, or other EU, budgets." Please read the report here.
About The Author
Bill Cash: They are on one planet, and we are on another. We have to make a stand, and that is what this is all about.
November 1, 2012
Bill Cash: If they want to trample on national Parliaments, when they put forward and achieve the threshold in terms of reasoned opinions and subsidiarity, and just ignore them, then I am afraid the increase in disaffection with the European Union will grow exponentially
June 10, 2014
Bill Cash MP: We should withdraw from the European convention, repeal the Human Rights Act 1998 and get the matter straight because the people of this country demand it.
April 20, 2012
- Sir William Cash: The ECJ will determine not only the interpretation but also the outcome of any disputes
- Bill Cash: Brexit is ultimately about our democracy, our sovereignty and our self-government. All the other issues, including our right to free trade with the rest of the world, are subsidiary to the questions of sovereignty, self-government and democracy because they flow from them
- Sir William Cash: How does the Prime Minister reconcile the Chequers statement with the recent repeal of the European Communities Act 1972?
- Sir Bill Cash: I think people have every reason to be concerned
- Sir William Cash: no freedom of movement, no customs union, no single market and no European Court of Justice
Article 122 Article 136 AV bailout bail outs Bill Cash City of London Clause 18 Climate Change Common Consolidated Corporate Tax Base Common Corporate Tax Proposals data protection directive democracy digital data ECJ EFSM Egypt Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Directive ESAs ESM EU EU accounts EU Bill EU budget EU funds EU regulations European Arrest Warrant European Court of Auditors European Parliament European Summit Eurozone eurozone crisis Galileo Jim McConalogue MEPs national debt PNR Portugese bailout referendum lock Sajid Javid Schengen system Serbia Sovereignty Bill the Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC) Directive Treaty amendment